The Laguna Beach studio of SWA Group is seeking a creative marketing and business development professional with a connection to landscape architecture, urban design or land planning. A qualified candidate will be expected to lead Laguna’s efforts identifying and pursuing business development opportunities, responding to RFQ’s/RFP’s, marketing Laguna’s capabilities, and help the principals maintain and enhance their position as design leaders through coordination and support of presentations, publications, speaking engagements, lectures and outreach to others in the field. The ultimate purpose of the Marketing Manager’s work is to help his or her studio systematically win more and better work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify potential leads, includes monitoring websites for project solicitations
- Review elements of a potential project submittal for go/no go
- Write and prepare qualification packages in response to RFQ submittals
- Working with an assigned Associate, coordinate and write scope and fee proposals in response to RFP submittals
- Attend pre-proposal meetings for RFQs and RFPs
- Attend local events and related marketing/business development activities
- Support regional, national, and international opportunities for growth
- Create and update marketing materials such as project tear sheets, resumes, and awards lists for the Laguna studio
- Edit and layout graphics for presentations, submittals, or project brochures
- Assist in coordinating conference activities and award submissions
- Assist Principals in publications, appearances, and outreach efforts to others in the design field
- Administrative work including maintaining contact leads, database, and marketing materials
- Maintain and submit monthly marketing reports to Laguna Principals and Corporate office
- Maintain and expand our sub-consultant teaming
- Coordinate with SWA marketing professionals firm wide
College degree required. Preferred applicants would have a keen interest in design, landscape architecture, planning, or urban design; and possess a proven ability to meet a multitude of demands in a challenging office environment. We are looking for a resourceful self-starter, a quick learner seeking the opportunity to grow professionally in this role. The ideal candidate will have at least four years of relevant work experience with ability to work independently, handle a fast-paced work environment and be able to manage/communicate with colleagues and senior management in a professional manner.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Adobe InDesign required!
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Photoshop preferred but not required.
- Strong writing, editing, and communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Maintain excellent time management with organizational skills.
- General familiarity with the practices of an international design firm.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio as a single PDF to Dawn Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org with available start date. No Phone Calls Please.
SWA offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, life, long-term disability, 401k, profit sharing, and performance based bonus. SWA is an equal opportunity employer.